First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event

OP
OP

DougalsMD

Interesting it does look handle like…I thought that just might be a hinge and the entire rear of the vehicle would swing open like a Defender?

OP
OP

Cysco

RE: the rear door.

It sure looks like the door and glass are two different pieces. It also looks like the glass wouldn’t clear the taillights if it swung in the same direction as the door.

That said, Doesn’t that thing that looks like a handle have to be a hinge cover? I can’t imagine that rear door is only supported by a single hinge. And the only logical answer to me is that the door and glass are one unit and that handle looking thing is covering up the hinge that helps support the whole assembly

OP
OP

Cysco

Here’s the first shot I’ve seen straight on from the back. We can see the door handle here.

Toyota Compact Cruiser First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event 15E070EF-18B2-4B93-A847-2DD731E2BB54

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Cysco

Here’s a better closeup of the rear handle area. It’s got finger prints on it so I assume that means it’s functional here. That section in the bottom corner is a weather seal/protector as it clears the taillight.

Definitely no obvious top hinges to allow the glass to go upwards like a wrangler. Maybe it’s a two stage right swing so you can swing just the bottom door or swing both the door and glass. This would support the idea that the rear glass is removable.

Toyota Compact Cruiser First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event 7F9799D8-EEC8-4850-A54F-6AD471CEDF3D

OP
OP

MaskedRacerX

I wonder what was going on with the interior? Maybe very prototype/placeholder at this stage so they didn’t want that circulating.

OP
OP

MaskedRacerX

RE: the rear door.

It sure looks like the door and glass are two different pieces. It also looks like the glass wouldn’t clear the taillights if it swung in the same direction as the door.
This kind of looks like how they solved that (if it does swing open from left-to-right), a hinge / pivot point that's further out than the light:

Toyota Compact Cruiser First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event 1680012902900

There's a lot going on in that area, I need to load some pics into a photo editor and see if I can get some better contrast.

Not having to open the lower tail gate to open the top is one thing that we miss from some other SUVs we've owned (and like the R1S), lets you load up, open the top, and lean in vs. opening the lower gate and stuff coming flying out.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Cysco

This kind of looks like how they solved that (if it does swing open from left-to-right), a hinge / pivot point that's further out than the light:

I think you're spot on. Looking at all the pics and the video, there is definitely a bump out right there above the tail light. It's not a handle, but rather it extends outward so that the hinge can allow the window to swing and clear the tail lights. Very confident that's it.

Now the question is, does the entire back swing out as one or are the door and glass separate. Maybe there's an option for either. Having to swing out the door then swing out the glass would be a pain to do every time. It's one thing on just fling open the door and throw up the glass in a wrangler. Given the size of that door, it'd be a bit of an inconvenience to have to swing both open independently.

OP
OP

Fred

I think you're spot on. Looking at all the pics and the video, there is definitely a bump out right there above the tail light. It's not a handle, but rather it extends outward so that the hinge can allow the window to swing and clear the tail lights. Very confident that's it.

Now the question is, does the entire back swing out as one or are the door and glass separate. Maybe there's an option for either. Having to swing out the door then swing out the glass would be a pain to do every time. It's one thing on just fling open the door and throw up the glass in a wrangler. Given the size of that door, it'd be a bit of an inconvenience to have to swing both open independently.
Hello

I bet $20 that it's 1 panel, because too heavy to have the tire on 1 hinge

OP
OP

dral97

There go my hopes of having that glass be able to retract into the tail gate à la 4 runner.

OP
OP

MaskedRacerX

I bet $20 that it's 1 panel, because too heavy to have the tire on 1 hinge
That's an interesting point, maybe? Maybe the lower section is braced/hinged up higher too?

There go my hopes of having that glass be able to retract into the tail gate à la 4 runner.
There's definitely something up with the rear window though, it's framed, it has that huge, funky hinge-like component to the right.

In the original release video, they made this whole point about the doors AND windows coming out, and they showed it with a missing rear window (this was before this new design iteration).

I hear you about the T4R window, we had a '07, V8, so nice for boards (of the SUP and surfing type :D) I lugged home an exhaust one time, so much easier with the rear window down.

Toyota Compact Cruiser First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event 1680030500123

Plus it looked pretty sporty with the dual exhaust :D

OP
OP

MaskedRacerX

And green is EVERYWHERE. I noticed in the school pickup line the other day like 3 or 4 green vehicles.

Even Ford getting in on the green, and the whole "adventure" themed vehicle:

Toyota Compact Cruiser First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event 1680197783944